Pikmin 3 is a real-time strategy video game developed by Nintendo for the Wii U video game console. Take command of three explorers and a legion of adorable Pikmin in a fight for survival. Enlist the help of tiny Pikmin with unique abilities to solve puzzles, battle monstrous enemies, and retrieve food needed to save your depleted home planet. Explore an alien world from a pint-sized perspective, and experience the charming personality of Pikmin.
Discover a new adventure in the critically acclaimed Pikmin series, known for its mass-action gameplay and adorable Pikmin characters. With three explorers at your command, split Pikmin into multiple squads to maximize your strategy. The five Pikmin types, including Rock Pikmin and Winged Pikmin, offer unique abilities to help you overcome enormous obstacles. Can you defeat massive bosses and gather enough food to save your depleted home planet? With additional challenge modes and a frenetic multiplayer battle mode*, the world of Pikmin has never been more alive and fun!
The inhabitants of the planet Koppai are suffering from a shortage of food. Three inhabitants from the planet, Alph, Brittany and Charlie, are sent to explore a planet which they name “PNF-404”, although they crash-land and are separated. After Alph and Brittany reunite, they find that it has an abundance of fruit, rich in the nutrient “Piktamin U”, and set out to track down Captain Charlie, and more fruit. Because the fruit is much larger than expected, they cannot retrieve it themselves. They find and grow Pikmin to help them harvest the fruit, both for their own survival and to return the seeds to their home world to prevent their people from dying of starvation.
Throughout the game they pursue Captain Olimar, the protagonist of the previous games, and his partner Louie, who have taken their cosmic drive key, an item the three Koppaites need to get home. They first encounter Louie, believing him to be Captain Olimar and save him from one of the planet’s monstrous inhabitants. After Louie escapes with their food supplies, Alph, Brittany and Charlie track him down and rescue him once more. They then discover Captain Olimar has been kidnapped and imprisoned by a gold-coloured amorphous creature, and after picking up his life-signals in another area of the planet launch a rescue mission.
After they destroy the creature and retrieve Olimar the two crews travel back to their respective planets, leaving the Pikmin behind to flourish on PNF-404. In one of the game’s three endings it is implied that the Koppaites crash may not have been an accident.
- Enlist armies of Pikmin to solve puzzles, battle dangerous predators, and recover food for your depleted home planet
- Discover the charming personality of Pikmin as they come to life in multiple shapes and sizes
- Five different Pikmin types, including Rock Pikmin and Winged Pikmin, each offer unique abilities
- Explore lush, beautiful environments from your tiny explorer’s perspective
- Split your Pikmin squads among three explorers to maximize your strategy
- Use the Wii U GamePad controller as an in-game camera to capture the alien-safari feel to the world. Snap and caption photos, then share them via Miiverse
- Show off your skills in a variety of intense challenge modes
- Challenge a friend in the wild and frenetic multiplayer battle mode (Additional accessories required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.)
Pikmin 3 by Nintendo