The ultimate racing game, Sledge Hammer is a turbo-based battle on the road. As blood-thirsty war veteran Jack Hammer, you want vengeance and will stop at nothing to get it. Driving a large truck loaded with a deadly assortment of rockets, guns and mines amongst other weapons, you can run over pedestrians and deform enemy vehicles causing them to fall apart piece by piece until they are completely demolished. Transform from race mode to combat mode anytime to deliver the full potential of your gaming skills. Solve each situation through a range of different manoeuvres, switching from speed to force or a combination thereof. Modes of play include single and multiplayer.
- Destruction – You drive a heavy truck, equipped with the most devastating weapons known to man, including machine guns, mines, rockets, disc launchers and more. You can blow up and smash your enemies, destroy objects, and drive over pedestrians. Your truck and your enemies’ vehicles get blown to pieces, deformed, and lose parts.
- Diverse gameplay – The game offers a variety of game modes, each requiring special skills. Some of the modes are: Race, Armed Race, Knockout, Turret, Traffic Attack, Slalom, Car-bomb, Demolition … and more!
- Transformation – You can drive fast in Race mode or shoot up your adversaries in Battle mode. Transform at any time to uncover your truck’s full potential. You don’t just drive and shoot in this game; you have to think strategically and act fast. Every situation may be solved differently, either by using force, speed, maneuverability, or by a clever combination of the three.
- Feed your rage – Drive dangerously and destroy enemies to fill up the Rage Meter. When full, spend it on temporarily boosting your speed or on devastating Special Shots.
- Modes of play – The single-player campaign consists of 5 chapters, each with 5 to 10 levels. There are 6 main game modes: Lap-race, where you can race or destroy adversaries (5 levels); Diehard, where adversaries will strike back (6 levels); Arena, where you have to survive the longest you can with multiple enemies (3 levels); Slalom, where you have to collect as many bonuses as you can (4 levels); Traffic attack, where you crush traffic cars to gain time bonuses (5 levels); Knockout race (3 levels), etc. There are also 5 “boss battles” – each being a recollection of gameplay or introducing a partially new mode of gameplay.
- Multiplayer mode – There are 2 MP modes, similar to the single-player modes: Arena and Circular Race. Both modes may be played with friends or with AI.